Wednesday 16 January 2013

GH Review: Batiste Original Dry Shampoo




I’ve put my hair through a lot of hell in the past few years. It’s been bleached, dyed and straightened past the point of reason. So in an effort to get my hair back to its old, full, curly health, I’ve tried using some slightly more natural products, particularly when it comes to shampoo, and I’ve tried to limit the number of times I wash it per week. But my hair is that particularly frustrating combination of dry on the bottom and oily on the top, which means that it’s hard to go several days without washing unless I want to have the worst kind of dingy triangle hair.


 

So a couple of months ago, I finally tried dry shampoo. I’d used dry shampoo once or twice before, but had either applied too much or not mixed it in properly, because all it seemed to give me was white roots and an unmanageable mop of hair. I did a little more research on application and brands, and luckily was able to find a can of Batiste at my local London Drugs. They had three different varieties – original, tropical scent and extra volume – each for about $10.00. Not wanting to rock the boat too much, I went with original.

It didn’t take long to figure out that I had a new HG product. This was wonderful. I’d spritz a little of it along my root lines from about a ruler’s distance away, then part more of my hair and spritz a little more. Nothing too thick or heavy. I’d let it sit for a couple of minutes, then work it in like I was shampooing my hair in the shower, and then I’d comb it out.

My hair would go from looking dingy, dried-out and frizzy to suddenly looking voluminous and healthy – to an almost miraculous extent.

If I have one concern it’s with the aerosol can, which I always feel guilty about using. I know Lush does a dry shampoo in a bottle where you literally just dust it out, so I may try that when the Batiste is finished, but it’s hard since I do love the results I get from using this.

In any event, if you are looking for a dry shampoo, I’ve had great results with the Batiste, and my own environmental concerns with the packaging aside, I’d give the product itself an A+.

No comments:

Post a Comment