Monday 31 December 2012

The No-Buy Cheat




I cheated a bit this holiday season, but hear me out.

Annoyingly, my friends and family were respectful of my no-buy promise for this year and got me a lot of great non-beauty products. So I decided Christmas money was basically the same thing as a gift card, which might as well be for beauty products anyway. Right? 


First, the Shoppers Drug Store near my work had 50% off all Philosophy gift sets, so I kind of got… all three of them. Christmas Morning, The Bake Shoppe and Snow Angel.



Philosophy is rarely on sale in Canada and the Christmas sets are so amazingly sweet that I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. I’m still going to work through my current stash of bath and body products, so it’ll be a while before I can break out the amazing shower gels and body lotions.

The second kind-of cheat was my Clarisonic Mia2, which sadly was not on sale but was exactly the amount I had left over from my Christmas cash haul. I'd like to think it isn’t technically a cheat because the little Neutrogena Wave that I bought six months ago had already broken down. I really liked The Wave, but the constant need to replace the little pads with each use was a bit annoying and eco-unfriendly. 

I can't properly review it just yet, since I've only used it once while drunk, but I promise to have a review up after about a month of use to properly give it some time, as I've heard the initial purging period can be nasty.

Anyhow, I hope you aren't all terribly disappointed in me. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment