Wednesday 19 December 2012

GH Review: Vaseline's Lip Therapy with Cocoa Butter

 This'll be a bit of a short one. I picked up a whole pile of these when I was in London a couple of years ago and they travelled with me over about three months, which is why this looks so thoroughly beat up.




I always stock up on lip balm when I'm in the UK because for whatever reason my lips get extremely chapped on the other side of the Atlantic. In the past, I'd used the basic e45 lip balm, which had been a life saver, but gave these a shot on the recommendation of a friend.

I liked the idea -- a bit of petroleum jelly with some cocoa butter (in the case of this one) in a portable tin.

When first applied, it gives a "wet" look to the lips, but this does go away after the first few minutes, so it doesn't look like you're wearing clear lip gloss (if you're not into that).

The real trouble is that, despite being both vaseline and cocoa butter, it's not particularly moisturizing. I've had better experiences with the others, but while they keep my lips from getting chapped, they still make them feel dried out.

This is definitely my least favorite of the bunch and if you are currently in the UK, I'd recommend any of the other three over this.

It's a shame, because I like the basic, old-fashioned packaging and the concept, but the reality is sadly lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment